TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE DO ANYTHING FOR THE STEPS CAMPAIGN
a. These terms and conditions apply to Participants of Do Anything For The Steps Campaign (“the Campaign”) held by Jubilee Health Insurance Limited.
b. By participating in this Campaign, the Participant hereby irrevocably and unconditionally agrees to be bound by all these terms and conditions and the applicable terms and conditions for MaishaFiti Application.
c. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and without notice to you. Your continued participation in the Campaign shall constitute your acceptance of the revised terms and conditions.
In these terms and conditions
- “you” or “your” means participant to the Campaign.
- “we”, “us”, “our” or “JHIL” means Jubilee Health Insurance Limited.
- “Cashback” means 15% discount on the premium paid for the J-Care Policy or any other discount as determined by us from time to time credited to the Successful Participant’s mobile phone wallet (MPESA).
- “MaishaFiti App” means an online wellness application that is wholly owned by JHIL that a Participant installs or downloads from an online application store and accesses via a mobile device, including any smartphone and/or table device.
- “Participant” – Any person who meets the eligibility criteria outline under Clause 5.
- “Wearable Device” refers to smart watch issued to you free of charge by JHIL.
- “Compatible wearable devices -any other smart watch not issued by JHIL but can be integrated with Maisha Fiti.
- “Website” means the Jubilee Insurance website.
3. Campaign Period
The Campaign shall run from 10 November 2023 to 9 November 2024 (both dates inclusive). We reserve the right to change the campaign period or terminate the Campaign at any time without notice to you. To the fullest extent permitted by law, We shall not be held liable for any reason whatsoever for any loss or damage if the campaign is terminated, cancelled and/or modified. In any of the aforementioned events, We shall not affect any refunds for a purchased J-Care Policy.
a. We shall issue Wearable devices to the Participants free of charge. A Wearable device will be provided on a first come, first serve basis, subject to availability. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR PURPOSE AS TO THE WEARABLE DEVICE AND NONE SHALL BE IMPLIED. THE WEARABLE DEVICE IS ISSUED ON AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR THE QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS, OR USE OF THE WEARABLE DEVICE. THE WEARABLE DEVICE IS NOT A MEDICAL DEVICE AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS SUCH. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCORRECT AND/OR INCOMPLETE INFORMATION GENERATED BY THE WEARABLE DEVICE.
b. Once the Wearable device is issued, it cannot be replaced.
c. A successful participant shall receive a Cashback and is entitled to a maximum of four (4) Cashbacks totaling to 15% of the annual premium throughout the duration of the Campaign Period. We reserve the right to amend the distribution of the Cashbacks.
a. To qualify as a participant, you must:
i. Be a Kenyan citizen aged 18 years and above residing in Kenya.
ii. Successfully Purchase J-Care policy from the Jubilee Website without applying “DoIT4THESTEPS” Promo Code.
iii. Accepted these terms and conditions as well as the Data and Marketing consent provided on the Website.
iv. Download the MaishaFiti App and connect with the wearable device and the compatible wearable device.
b. We reserve the sole and absolute right to verify, confirm, remove, validate your application. All participants shall be notified forthwith. In the event of abuse, misuse, fraud, manipulation, non-observance, circumvention or breach of these terms and conditions, We reserve the right to exclude Participants from benefitting from such reward.
6. Campaign Mechanics
A successful participant must attain the following:
- 7,500-9,999 steps to attain 3 points
- 10,000-12,499 steps to attain 5 points
- >12,500 steps to attain 8 points
- 200-339 active calories to attain 3 points
- 340-599 active calories to attain 5 points
- >600 active calories to attain 8 points
7. Indemnity and Exclusion of liability
a. You hereby indemnify us, and undertake to keep us indemnified, against any and all losses, damages, costs, liabilities, and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to any third party in settlement of a claim or dispute) incurred or suffered by us and arising directly or indirectly out of your breach of any provision of these terms and conditions.
b. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE WILL ACCEPT NO LIABILITY IN ANY EVENT INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) FOR NEGLIGENCE, AND/OR FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES OR LOSSES THAT MAY RESULT TO YOU OR A THIRD PARTY ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH,
- YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CAMPAIGN OR
- YOUR DOWNLOADING AND USE OF THE MAISHAFITI APP INCLUDING ANY DOWNTIME DURING THE USE OF
- MAISHAFITI APP OR
- ANY ERROR, OMISSION, DEFECT, COMPUTER VIRUS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGE DUE TO VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, DATA OR OTHER PROPERTY, OR SYSTEM FAILURE), LOSS OF ANY PROFIT, GOODWILL OR REPUTATION, EVEN IF EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCTH LOSS OR DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACCESS OF, USE OF, PERFORMANCE OF, BROWSING IN, OR LINKING OF MAISHAFITI APP OR THE WEARABLE DEVICE OR
- ANY DEFECTS ON THE WEARABLE DEVICE AND/OR USE OF THE WEARABLE DEVICE.
8. Entire agreement
These terms and conditions shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the Campaign and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to the Campaign.
No waiver of any breach of any provision of these general terms and conditions shall be construed as a further or continuing waiver of any other breach of that provision or any breach of any other provision of these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
You may not without assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
No provision of this Agreement creates a partnership between us or makes you or us a commercial agent of the other for any purpose.
13. Law and Dispute Resolution
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the Laws of Kenya. You may contact our Head of Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org to report any disputes, claims or discrepancies in relating to the Campaign. Any dispute regarding the Campaign that is not resolved by our Head of Wellness shall be forwarded to Chief Executive Officer. If the dispute is not resolved within thirty days of such notification, You or We may refer the dispute to arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Kenya Branch) and the provisions of the Arbitration Act 1995 or as amended from time to time.